I finished painting the SUP - Starboard ATLAS Extra - 2021

I finished painting the Starboard ATLAS Extra paddle board! It came out well, not perfect like a new car but good. A few drools and a bug or two and I could have used another can or two of paint. That is all the paint they had at HD, 5 cans of appliance epoxy paint. But it looks good and it is just a paddle board after all.
Danny on s/v Cyclades lent me the respirator and spray can handle which really helped.May 2021 - currently in Barra de Navidad Marina
All taped and ready to get painted.
The first coat I mad a couple rookie mistakes.
I held the paint too far away so it was drying before it hit sup. I thought it was textured paint for a few minuits. I had to san the sup with 220 to get off the spray. 
The paint, 5 cans.
Learning by doing.
Finished product.
Un taped and ready to go.
Looks good!

No comments:

Post a Comment