Final go 'round of cleaning the bottom, Tenacatita - 2021

Cleaning the prop on the second go 'round. We had to work out some kinks in our equipment the last time. Also posted solutions to equipment etc.
February 2021 - anchored in Tenacatita Mexico

 
Our Frigoboat keel cooler all cleaned up.

This time I switched out the regulator for my backup U.S. Divers one and it worked a lot better. No more leaking water in the mask. Solved that problem. Also the day before I cleaned the water line and an arms length below or so with just the mask and snorkel. Also wore the summer suit and a rash guard with a hood and fins. The hood keeps unwanted critters out of my ears etc.
Swapped out the regulators.
The water temperature was 75 deg.
Backup U.S. Divers I put on.
Old one. I had this one rebuilt at a San Diego dive shop but it leaks water again. I will now give it to a local here who may be able to use it for parts or ??. Next time in the the States I will get another backup regulator. So that took care of the leaking regulator. A problem solved.
This air coupling on the DEWALT DWFP55126 6-Gallon 165 PSI Pancake Compressor. is leaking. Not a lot but it will probably get worse. We tried the other but it leaks also. Looks to be an off-season fix. A trip to Home Depot for a couple of these will fix the problem.
This is a video on the bottom of our encapsulated keel after I just cleaned our bottom. The video goes from forward to the stern.
The Frigoboat keel cooler cleaned up better.
The prop cleaned up better.

No comments:

Post a Comment