Cleaning the Propeller...the personal touch - 2021

 This video is after I cleaned the prop. Below you can see how much growth was on it.
Now it seems to take me a couple days to clean the whole bottom versus one day, years ago!
February 2021 - anchored in Tenacatita Mexico

When I clean the bottom I clean the propeller so it shines! That means after scraping any barnacles and growth off I clean it with #50 grit wet sand paper. It shines. This has only been a month and there were lots of small barnacles and some large barnacles on the prop. To top it off the water has been cold so we are not getting much growth. So I am a bit disappointed in the diver who cleaned this prop last month in the Bahia de Navidad Lagoon..
Other divers will clean it in Bahia de Navidad but they want you to be in the marina. The marina, even with specials, is one of the most expensive marine (Marina Puerto de la Navidad(Barra Marina) on the Gold Coast, I believe.

 
This is the boat bottom. Not bad and a simple wipe with a rag takes it off. A benefit of the new paint we had applied last summer!
Here is the cone zinc, in pretty good shape!
The shaft collar zinc will probably need replacing next time.
I am taking the kinks out of the air hose.
The keel cooler for our Frigoboat reefer. I can still clean it better, also.

No comments:

Post a Comment