First anchorage paddle with new\used Starboard Atlas EXTRA Starlite in Camela (Perula) - 2020

The new\used Starboard 2017 Atlas EXTRA Starlite 12’0″ x 36″ paddle board I bought from Surf Mexico is much better suited to my size than our Starboard Whopper ASAP Paddle Board that I had previously purchased from Surf Mexico. The Atlas Extra is 2" wider and 2' longer. It will float up to 280 lbs. So a person and small dog say. The Whopper will float up to 220 lb. I am at 210 lb and can sometimes go a bit heavier😧
Anchored in Chamela\Perula November 2020 
Getting ready to launch the board.
Debbie is going to use our Starboard Whopper ASAP Paddle Board which will float her just fine!
Now I still use the Edison Step to get on the paddle board.

 Paddling into the channel to check it out.
Paddling out.
 Also went around the other side of the jetty to the beach to check it out for a landing place.   Still decent waves wrapping around. SW swell. We took the Ocean Kayak Malibu Two into the beach on the other side of the jetty and ended up getting dumped by a large wave. Large for the kayak and us trying to stay upright. It came in as we were waist deep. No harm then no problem. I did loos a cable lock. I thought I clipped it on with the stern strap but guess not?


No comments:

Post a Comment