Garmin 276c chart plotter

We installed our Garmin 276c chart plotter. We had this on our Catalina 30. It is old now. We need a new battery so I bought one but then it need firmware or something because the new battery would not work so Garmin wanted to charge too much for me so I took it back. Figured we use it for a back up by wiring it into the house batteries.
 Well we needed one or a GPS for our sea trials and so after not having one we set this one up at the nav station and wired it up. It still will not come on so I called Garmin today and they said try it without the battery in it.
Soooo that is next, in the meantime maybe there is an app for my Droid X that will work.
 We only used the chart plotter for getting back in the harbor if the fog rolled in. Otherwise it kind of takes the fun out of sailing with a road map and all. Could be because both Debbie and I work on computers all day we do not like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment