IMSS – On it goes - hip problems - 2014

Middle of January 2014 - La Cruz Anchorage in Banderas Bay Mexico

IMSS – on it goes:

1/20/2014 we went and saw the nutritionist at the IMSS clinic in Aramara by Puerto Vallarta. He can speak some English and Debbie some Spanish and me, well very little still. We did get good news. Even though the month since we saw him had all the holidays with the pot-lucks and all I still lost 4.5 kilos! That is 9 pounds. So I started at 216 lbs and now am at 200 lbs and need to keep losing. He gave us a new menu and I will want to step up the paddle boarding 😄I do not want to depend on exercise to lose weight as any injury could mean a weight gain. I will control it with my food intake. However now I want to lose faster to relievee the pressure on my hip, back and knees etc

 We did go to see the orthopedic doctor at IMSS at the Puerto Vallarta hospital a week or so ago. We forgot to bring my X-rays so he could not see anything. We remembered as we got to Puerto Vallarta but we were about 1 1\2 hours from the boat! That’s even with the car! Remember we need to launch the dinghy and then dinghy into the marina. Then get the car and then drive out of La Cruz and onto the highway which is not that close. La Cruz is out in the sticks sort of speak. So to turn around and head back to get the x-rays was going to make us miss the doctor’s appointment. Taking the bus is much worse with all the stops.

The doctor wanted his own x-rays anyway and the first doctor we saw a few times said it was my back. It we are almost positive it is my hip as the original doctor said and it seems that is where my pain is. So now we have to get the IMSS doctor to make a determination that it is my hip or justify the groin and hip pain I have. He gave me pills for my nerves in my back\hip and they help. He thinks it is a nerve issue also and will determine what else on our next visit. But my next appointment for an x-ray is a month and a half away and the next doctor’s appointment is two months! So on it goes. It will be a Banderas Bay cruising season for us with a few trips to Chacala a little north of Banderas Bay. It is one of our favorite places.

No comments:

Post a Comment