Hatch glass installed

We removed the blue tape from the hatch top. Now I think I can remember we waited 24 hours for the sealer to set up then removed the tape on the others also.

On this glass top I forgot to get it beveled. On the other I got about a 1\16  of an inch bevel on the top. It helps seal it and the transition from the top to the frame with the sealant is better.

 This top glass is a little thicker than what Islander supplied. We could not get it any thinner.
Actually at first they did not have the darker tint so we got it in a light tint, the first hatch lid. Then they said they could get it in a darker tint so we ate the $50.00 for the first glass and got them in the darker tint. We did not order them all at the same time. Probably should have but I think that not having the bevel will be no big deal.


No comments:

Post a Comment